Seeking Community Theater Manager
Do you love theater?
Gallery Theater is seeking a theater manager to work halftime in McMinnville. We are a nonprofit theater operating in Yamhill County for over 50 years! Our ideal candidate would be a self-starter able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. One must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and communication skills, and experience with volunteer management and marketing.
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to Carolyn McCloskey at email@example.com or P.O. Box 1406 McMinnville, OR 97128 or drop off at Gallery Theater no later than Thursday, Nov. 10.
Gallery Theater is seeking a theater manager to work halftime in McMinnville. The Ideal candidate will be a self-starter able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should have experience with volunteer management and marketing. Strong organizational skills, excellent written communication skills, and the ability to work with a variety of personalities are a must.
• Open mail, respond to email (currently multiple accounts), answer phone calls/return phone messages
• Sell tickets
• Represent the theater at some local events
• Licensing the upcoming productions
• Update website
• Acknowledge charitable gifts
• Order and manage janitorial supplies and concessions supplies
• Print and send information for show sponsorships, membership drive and playbill ads.
• Set up Sign Up Genius links and google sheet for box office for each production
• Manage a large number of volunteers related to productions (both front and back of house)
• Occasional training of volunteers
Production Related Duties
• Coordinate and attend pre-production meetings
• Advertise auditions
• Liaise with the Board on any challenges in productions
• Attend first rehearsal and go over production packets
• Assist marketing committee with newsletters
• Participate on the social media team
• Communications with local newspaper
• Communicate with Gallery’s Marketing Committee
• Coordinate the scheduling of all spaces (mainstage, arena, lobby, loft, dance studio)
• Alert the Board to any building issues requiring maintenance
• Maintain a clean and organized environment, including and especially lobby and box office
• Add and delete keypad access codes as needed
Other duties as assigned