How do I volunteer?
We’ve created a Volunteer Interest Form so we can match your skills to a needed task. Bring it by the theater and we’ll keep it on file. It never hurts to check back from time to time to see
We also post volunteer needs in our Gallery E-News newsletter.
Want to see a show for free? Volunteer to usher a performance. You may view a complete detail of usher responsibilities here. To be an usher, you must be able to do the following:
• Arrive 30-45 minutes prior to show time and stay for the entire performance.
• Bring a friend who can usher with you (and meet the usher requirements). We need four ushers for each main stage show and two for arena shows.
• Be physically capable of helping frail patrons get seated. Must be able to help lift a person if they fall or provide assistance in an emergency situation.
• Be able to calmly, quickly and efficiently provide instructions and help escort patrons out of the building in the event of an emergency.
• Have good enough vision and physically be able to handle walking on stairs and in low-light situations in a dark theater.
• Be willing to enforce the house rules with assistance from the house manager.
• Wear a white shirt and black pants (plus apron provided by the theater).
• After the show-empty/refill lobby garbage cans, paper towels in restrooms and clean up the main stage/arena if needed.
We are updating/expanding our usher list for shows. If you'd like to have your name on an email distribution list for usher opportunities,
please email us at email@example.com.
Diane Longaker is our volunteer coordinator. You may contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 508-1059